The Royal British Legion (the Legion) is the UK’s leading Armed Forces charity, providing practical, emotional and financial support to all members of the British Armed Forces past and present, and their families. Our mission is to provide welfare, comradeship, representation and Remembrance for the Armed Forces Community.
We require a caseworker who will be carrying out the following duties:
- Meeting beneficiaries in Legion premises or in their homes
- Interview beneficiaries to assess their needs, and circumstances, and complete the relevant paperwork to ensure they receive the support they are entitled to.
- Provide an action plan with beneficiaries, and report back to a Case Officer, making recommendations.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of services.
- Develop and promote the Legion, its mission, objectives and understanding of the statutory benefits framework, and local support services.
- Be involved in sales of Poppy Shop items using the electronic ordering system (no cash handling), if based in a Pop In Centre, which may include restocking products.
You will agree with your line manager the geographical location that you are able to do your role.