The Safer Living Foundation are recruiting Circles’ volunteers across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire to work with adults and young people convicted of sexual offences. Circles’ Volunteers are from all walks of life and all ages. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. If you are looking for a challenging but exciting volunteering opportunity where you can make a real difference to the community then this could be the opportunity for you.
CIRCLES VOLUNTEER KEY QUALITIES
* Open minded and an ability and strong commitment to work without prejudice with people of different ages, ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds
* Good common sense and realistic expectations
* Good boundaries
* Comfortable with own sexuality
* Motivated – a commitment to working with offenders to prevent further crime.
* Emotionally resilient
* Ability to take feedback well and be willing to listen to advice and the views of others
* Ability to be reflective
* Confident and positive social skills
* An ability to relate to, and work with, others as a member of a Circle
* Good communication skills and an ability to engage well with people
* Maturity, patience and the ability to remain calm
* Trustworthy and a firm commitment to confidentiality
* Able to balance support with accountability
The most effective Circles are those that meet frequently over an extended period of time. We therefore ask Volunteers to commit to a couple of hours per week for approximately 18 months.