We are looking for volunteers for this new project run by The Volunteer Centre. Volunteers take on one off tasks or over 6 weeks after a vulnerable person has been discharged from hospital. Tasks could include:
• Undertaking simple shopping
• Making sure the home environment is warm and comfortable
• Arranging for key safes to be fitted and community alarm or telecare systems to be provided if needed
• Supporting people to pay bills and make appointments
• Collecting medication prescriptions
• Helping people to find out about and access community activities to keep them connected to their communities
• Helping people to understand care options and plan what they need for the future
• Signposting people to other statutory, voluntary sector and community organisations as appropriate.
We provide support and expenses.