North Derbyshire Expert Patient Volunteer Buddies provide non-clinical support to cancer patients, cancer survivors and carers who live in North Derbyshire communities. Typical activities include:
- Listening to and supporting cancer patients, survivors and/or carers
- Sharing your experience when appropriate
- Signposting cancer patients, survivors and carers to existing information and services when necessary
- Engaging in conversations about everyday things including the news, hobbies, interests and not just focus on patients’ conditions
- Maintain confidentiality
• Attending an induction training programme and support / supervision sessions with the Macmillan Expert Patient Programme Manager
(MEPVM) and others as appropriate.