Join us at a beautiful location in the English countryside and help us support our Pink Ribbon Walkers with every step. You don’t need any experience or special skills, just a good team spirit and plenty of enthusiasm.
This event wouldn’t be possible without our volunteers, and their support will help us to continue to be there for everyone affected by breast cancer, providing support for today and hope for the future.
At the 2021 Pink Ribbon Walk events in Bakewell, Peak District and Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire, the walkers will take part across 10 and 20-mile walks. You will be part of the 100+ strong on-the-day team made up of Breast Cancer Now staff, local guides and medics, and local cadet forces.
As a volunteer you’ll play an integral role in the smooth-running of the event.
Roles include Information and gift team, Registration team, Main Marquee team, Finish Line team, Car Park team, Venue Marshal team, Route Marshal, Driver, and Snack Station team
‘It’s just the best day! A fabulous time which is filled with laughter, love and hope.’
– Mary, Pink Ribbon Walk Volunteer 2019
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Building rapport and enthusiasm: Able to build a rapport quickly with different people and the ability to bring the enthusiasm and feel good atmosphere that the Pink Ribbon Walks are known for.
• Being organised: Punctuality. Ability to prioritise given tasks to ensure the smooth running of the event.
• Working securely: Able to follow Health and Safety protocols put in place for the event.
• Flexibility: As a member of the onsite team you may be given a variety of roles throughout the day.
What commitment is required?
- On event day there is a need to be available between the hours of 07.00-18.30. A singular role will not encompass all of this but different roles within the on-site team will have different timings.
What training and support will I receive?
- You will receive a full briefing from your team leader on the day.
• You will receive a support pack prior to the event which will include general timings, a list of what to bring, wear and what will be provided on the day.
What will I gain from volunteering for the event?
- Being a part of the Pink Ribbon Walk legacy/community.
• Ensuring that participants enjoy the best event possible.
• Developing your communication skills and gaining experience of being involved in a large scale event.
Keeping You Safe
The health and safety of our participants, volunteers and staff is our top priority. We will be following the government guideline closely over the coming months, always keeping everyone up to date with our plans.
These plans will include all necessary measures and precautions so that we can deliver a safe event, in line with all COVID-19 guidelines.
If this sounds like a role for you, please use the link below to register: